Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The gymnist- high above the ground....

... limbers on, and falls tender down. Ankles splay and dull tide. The gymnist, long has arrived...

True, that I am afraid of most everything (see: heights, needles, roller coasters, fish, spiders, confusing miniature electronic devices, and children with excellent posture) but nothing has prepared me to face the deamons of one of my greatest fears. Cue the cockroach my friends.

I was able to run screaming from the monkeys, and do my best lamaze type exercises on those makeshift gondolas, but where can I seek solace. The JT staff said they are inevitable, regardless of how clean I keep my apartment. Awww snap. This is not the alley I trash in.

I can't sleep for fear of being a creepy crawler snack. I guess there is truly something to be said about cohabitation. I may have to befriend my neighbors. I think I may become the friendliest gaigin ever to be found in these parts if only to have some roach exterminators in close proximity.

Missing home.

But also loving the Hiro happiness.

I'm my best contradiction.

"Please, remember me, happily, by the rosebush laughing, with bruises on my chin, the time when we counted every black car passing your house beneath the hill, and up until someone caught us in the kitchen with maps, a mountain range, a piggy bank a vision too removed to mention"

2 comments:

jsdaugherty said...

How lovely to see Sylvia Plath quoted and how weird to see her quoted from my niece in Japan! What a wonderful crazy world we live in.

meg said...

Japan looks beautiful Kim. I wish I could go to Japan too.I have a questien do the kids you work whith have fun learning Englesh?Do you like the food in Japan?Well kim I need to ask you one more questien befor I go to bed.did you buy the camono i wanted yet? I have to go to bed now buy!!!

LOVE,MEG!!!!!!!!!!