Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Oh how I love this place, it's sweet and bitter taste, has left me wretched, wretching on all fours- Hiroshima, I'm yours...


Big plans in the making. The training crew (in near full) is meeting up in Tokyo this coming weekend to board a bus to the fifth station of Mt. Fuji. That's right. We hope to scale the tallest mountain in Japan. It's an overnight climb, and if we all make it to the top we'll huddle near one another and watch the sunrise. I think that promises to be something so lovely.


Now I am more than pleased with my extravagant camera purchase.


I've been trying to save money as best I can because spending is the name of the game here. Weekends out are pricey. That darling and far too complicated shirt in every store window is necessary. And because Japan basically mandates that you walk around with a concerning amount of yen in your pocket because credit cards are nearly non-existent, it's easy to fall prey to anything and everything pricey.


Working hard on establishing a running regimine so the International Marathon goal may be realized. Richard and I hope to run the Tokyo marathon, and fingers crossed that we get accepted despite lottery, and I hope he's all in. I tire of running alone. I can slow down with the promise of another. I can't imagine what it is to cross with added energy. I bet it's the best feeling in the world.


Green tea is delicious. I think I'll take up yoga. Japanese, as a language, is tricky.


Oh, and I have no idea what I'll do with the rest of my life. I have nine months left of careful contemplation. But I'm always contemplating. I'm always thinking and planning and proving. I was hoping to escape introspection. Maybe in my old age.


The weather is fine, and I'm sure, at least for today, that it will hold.

No comments: