Tuesday, August 26, 2008

We're going out in a din of discordant voices

Soon to begin work and I wildly welcome the opportunity. I'm a whirlwind of movement and anxiety and vacations and holidays and time to myself just don't become me. It's ideal, then, that I have an itinerary in place. That I travel 15 hours only to work longer days. Our assignment seems secure. Elect Betsy Markey. Unseat Marilyn Musgrave. With the good people of Colorado's 4th District already disillusioned, the stakes seem safe, but I aim to collapse exhausted. I want to talk to all the people that I've never before been privileged to talk to. Talk shop. Talk life, living, the grand design. I want to be a component of the machine. The wheel. The cog. Something to expedite movement, or be essential to. I have started new, and changed my time accordingly.

No comments: