Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I'm Too Young to be This Old

I'm embarrassed by my posts of old. They belong to no less than 6 different blogs I thought I'd attend to and all are disjointed in scope. I haven't shared these URL's and the blogs are better off dead, but, I can't seem to cut the chord. Sure I was dramatic in some late night confessionals. Truer yet that 40% of the text could be attributed to Bright Eyes frontman Conor Oberst. I mean, these are not the sentences I'd sooner inscribe anywhere. But, but, but they were words. Lots of words. Words that told tale of where and who I was, and I miss having such a blog trail to go by. Even more, I've been living without urgency to dictate my thoughts when once I thought that to be all I was capable of. It might be that I've grown and that silly, soppy blog bits are thankfully no-more. But I hope I haven't outgrown my love of writing. Honestly, I hope I've just been lazy. (And I have. Been lazy). Still, that's without excuse! As a consequence I'm willing myself to dust off ye old blogger login and go back to what I know. Because really, if I have outgrown this, I am too young to be this old.

No comments: