Friday, July 3, 2009

Call people rich when they are able to meet the requirements of their imaginations...

"The real offense, as she ultimately perceived, was her having a mind of her own at all. Her mind was to be his--attached to his own like a small garden-plot to a deer-park." - Henry James

But what of this worthy proponent?:



What are we unshackled? Where would we go if given the gift of uncensored fearlessness?

I would canyon. I don't know why base jumping or being propelled, or defying the natural order of gravity is so alluring. Maybe it's a nod to the many stations I've arrived at safely. Guarded arrivals make no news. Who googles traffic-less bus routes? I want to be the woman you photograph doing all the things you would if only you could. I want to be fearless and fun and free. Which begs the question; do our adventures remodel us? Can I morph into a less rigid, better-made woman if I simply jump from one base to the next? And if so, why must danger be our only recourse?

No comments: